Caps Nation begins its parallel march to victory. Fans across D.C., Virginia, and Maryland, have shaved their last shave until summertime. Russian Machine is here to solemnly document the personal hell that we put ourselves through in the name of our team. Here we shall offer moral support and gentle mocking in equal portions. #beardpact brings fans together.
Let’s begin our daily recap of the RMNB scruff, most of whom started with a fresh shave yesterday.
Editor/designer Ian Oland shaved his face and head last night, so he’s quite aerodynamic today.
Writer Peter Hassett is already uncomfortable and in need of your support.
Writer and numbers guy Neil Greenberg takes a classic self-portrait and is clearly in the lead.
We also have some Caps celebrities playing the game.
Holy hell, It’s @TheHornGuy! Can his stubble catch up to the billy-goat???
Lo and behold, even GOAT (@LoudGoat) is getting involved! (We sat 10 rows behind this dude a few weeks ago, and our ears are still ringing.)
Still waiting to hear from The Capstronaut, whose space-faring career may not allow him to grow a beard. Hoping that CNN, JP, RtR, OFB, Caps Examiner, Peerless, and the rest of the posse will share their pics soon.
- If you haven’t gotten yourself over to Beard-A-Thon yet, shame on you.
- Is Ted Leonsis above the #beardpact, or should he let his goatee go? We vote the latter, but we want to hear your vote.
- Would it be unprofessional if the Caps PR staff (Nate, Paul, Brett, Vogs) grew beards? Is there a policy in place? JP believes it’s not a rule, but genetic predisposition dictating the bald chins at KCI.
- Tarik El Bashir is probably too stylish to part with his babyface, but Corey Masisak has no excuse. Dude is technically unemployed. That mandates a beard. Also, sweatpants.
- Thespian and Caps superfan Emily Karol and our own Neil Greenberg are having some kind of discussion about alternative support rituals, but this is a family friendly blog.
Tonight we’ll share a bunch more pictures of the unshaven masses. Check back here before the game. In the meantime, it’s never too late to join #beardpact! Stop shaving immediately and post your pics on twitter with the hashtag. Ladies, you may continue to shave, but please share your playoff adornments (dyed hair, nails, whatevs) with us.
Playoffs start in less than six hours. The waiting is almost over.
Keep the pictures coming, everyone. Show your support for the team by looking like a maniac!
Parade of Stubble!
Here we go, people. The “Before” pictures in a diptych of horror. Keep sharing your self-portaits on twitter with the #beardpact hashtag!
You have to admire a guy who returns to square one for his playoff beard. And the guy who took his self-portait from the 400-level of the phone booth. I don’t know what that girl in the sunglasses is thinking. Also, that last picture looks a bit suspect.
Keep ’em coming!