Aiden Lipscomb is a 7-month-old baby boy with a rare form of cancer called Rhabdomyosarcoma, a type of muscle cancer. Aiden is on a 54-week chemotherapy regimen, which will be followed by radiation and further treatment. As you can imagine, the medical costs are astronomical. To help Aiden’s family afford to continue his treatment, an auction will be held tomorrow afternoon.
Saturday, July 31st
1PM – 4PM
National Conference Center
18980 Upper Belmont Place
Leesburg, VA 20176-1245
The silent auction will have a lot of items of interest to Caps fans. There will also be a children’s book fair, jewelry, concessions, and delicious cupcakes. There is a $5 entry fee, all of which will go directly to Aiden’s Recovery Fund.
So what Caps schwag is up for grabs?
- Caps jersey signed by the entire 2009-2010 team
- Capitals puck signed by Alex Ovechkin
- Puck signed by Michal Neuvirth
- Glove and helmet signed by Brian Pothier (*sniff*)
- Tickets to Capitals vs. Islanders game in October
- Game stick signed by Mike Knuble
- Puck signed by Mike Knuble
But wait. There’s more!
- 1 hour in the studio with 106.7′s Sports Junkies
- Passes to the Spy Museum
- Too much Redskins stuff to list
- Too much MMA-UFC stuff to list
We’re a community; we look out for each other. One of our own has fallen on hard times, and this is our opportunity to lend a helping hand (snagging that awesome Knuble stick in the process). Leesburg is a only a pleasant drive from The Front Page in Ballston. Why don’t you make a day of it: hit up the auction from 1 to 4, and then come to our party tomorrow night.