Let’s turn our world-weary eyes back to the week that found us emerging from tryptophan hangovers and beginning the festival of lights.
Can’t-miss: Point your browser over to our other selves at Sweetest Hockey on Earth, where Ian interviews Andrew Gordon, and many yucks are shared.
Most Popular Articles of the Week
- Barack Obama To Attend A Washington Capitals Game Next Year
Blast from the past, eh? A golden oldie from the salad days of August. Okay, who linked to us?
- Caps beat Bolts 6-0 in a Blow-out-y Thing
The day after this recap was posted, RMNB instituted the “not quite so many beers before writing” rule.
- Ovi’s Shootout Goal Lifts Caps Over Canes 3-2 (SO)
Famous mostly for the photo of Alex Ovechkin spooning Eric Staal.
Articles You Might Have Missed
- The Constant Changing Of The Linemates
Marvel at the return of Semyon Varlamov in this week’s scoring chances post.
- Jessica’s Movember Birthday Adventure with the Caps
Shots shots shots shots shots.
- Evgeny Kuznetsov’s Sophomore Year in KHL: Numbers, Highlights, and Showmanship
Kuz is killing it in the KHL, the kid knows how to celebrate.
- GMGM to Scott Hannan: You. Complete. Us.
Neil finds no downside in acquiring Scott Hannan.
- Shutouts With Five Goals Against Are Rare
Could be rarer.
- Capitals 6, Lightning 0 — [This post was awful. No pullquotes.]
- Capitals 3, Hurricanes 2 (SO) — “D.J. King to the Devils for a sack of nickels and some mozzarella sticks.”
- Capitals 4, Blues 1 — “Mousetrap ( ) – the act of pushing the net up and over the goalie’s head so that he becomes stuck under it not unlike in that popular Hasbro board game.”
- Stars 2, Capitals 1 — “The Stars are like the Foot Clan of hockey teams: damn near anonymous and operating on herd mentality.”