Logo and illustration by Ian Oland
Eight months ago, we celebrated our first year anniversary with a party hosted by Front Page Arlington. It was a huge success, as over 150 lovely readers came out to hang with us. That night we even did some good by raising $1,000 for Love146, a charity near and dear to the heart of friend-of-the-blog Samantha Casey.
Since that party went so well, we decided, “Ah, what the heck! Let’s have another one.” So next Saturday, March 12, our blog will be hosting our second shindig wondrously titled RMNB Party 2: Electric Boogaloo. (You can thank Neil for the name.) This year’s celebration will once again be held at the Front Page restaurant in Arlington, VA and we’ll be there meeting and greeting with our readers from 6pm until midnight.
Here’s a brief synopsis of the evening’s festivities:
- We’ll be having a silent auction where a few awesome pieces of Caps memorabilia will be available. One of the items, as seen above, is a signed Mike Green jersey.
- There will also be floor hockey set up in the atrium. Grab your best stick and get ready to Unleash the floor-hockey Fury. Ovechtricks are always welcome, and very encouraged.
- Warm up those vocal chords and prepare your best rendition of “Livin’ La Vida Loca,” because there will be Hockeyoke (karaoke) to sing throughout the night! There are sure to be countless embarrassing moments that will haunt us forever on youtube. We can’t wait!
- Front Page Arlington will be having several food & drink specials going on that evening including: $3 draft beer, $2.75 rail drinks, $3.25 glasses of house wine, and $3 off non-shrimp appetizers.
- For our party, Happy Hour specials will be extended until 9pm.
- And finally: a twist. We’ll be offering a $10 wristband at the door which will include these additional specials: 1/2 price burgers, $4 shooter special, $2 miller lite and bud light bottles, and the kicker – you’ll be entered into our raffle for a chance to win an assortment of other Caps signed goodies.
Things to keep in mind:
- I am still a very huggy person.
- We have quasi-famous friends.
- We’re looking for one of our readers who is a talented photographer, to document the night for us in photos. Please email us if you are interested in doing so.
- The dress code is whatever you want it to be. Some ladies want to wear dresses. Some dudes want to wear a Caps hat and a jersey. That’s fine by us. Though wearing one of these will always get you some special attention.
- Directions to Front Page Arlington can be found here.
- We really freakin’ can’t wait to hang out with you guys again. Have we said that already?
- Specially signed Caps items or gift certificates will be accepted ahead of the silent auction, if anyone wants to help us out. Please email us if you have anything you’d like to donate.
- The Caps Fan Club will have a table set-up and will be selling Capitals Calendars, where all the photos have been taken by Caps Fans. They’re pretty sweet.
- Please spread the word. We really want a lot of people to come out!
Finally, while RMNB Party 2: Electric Boogaloo is funny in name, it is serious in purpose. Proceeds from the silent auction and raffle are going to benefit The Brian & Emily St. Louis Family Fund.
Way back in September, Brian St. Louis, a youth hockey coach and hockey director at the Kettler Capitals Iceplex, passed away suddenly at the Ballston rink. Brian was a beloved member of the Washington Little Capitals, Kettler Capitals Iceplex, and the DC area hockey community. His widow Emily is currently expecting their first child this month.
This story deeply resonated with us, and we hope you’ll join us on the 12th to not only have some fun, but also help make a difference for a local family who could use our love and support.
If you can’t make it to the party, but are still interested in contributing to the fund, we highly urge you to send a donation to:
The Brian & Emily St. Louis Family Fund
In care of CRP Management Group
P.O. Box 1548
Ashburn, VA 20146
In closing, if any of you have any questions or would like to help out or volunteer, please shoot us an email or leave us a note in the comments below and we’ll get back to you. See you next week!