So in a few short hours, RMNB Party 2: Electric Boogaloo is set to begin. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- If you are talking about the party tonight on Twitter, please use the hashtag #rmnbparty2 in your tweets so it’ll pop up in our nifty Twitter widget above. Feel free to tweet photos, videos, happiness, and weird drunk messages above. Maybe it’ll even convince a few more people to come out!
- Please bring money with you to the party (so you can tip CSN’s Michael Jenkins after his Karaoke performance). There will be no cover charge, but we’ll be offering a $10 wristband at the door which will include these specials: 1/2 price burgers, $4 shooter special, $2 miller lite and bud light bottles, and the kicker – you’ll be entered into our raffle for a chance to win an assortment of goodies including signed pucks from Matt Bradley, Jeff Schultz, Braden Holtby, Andrew Gordon, and Nate Ewell(!!!). All money from these wristbands will be donated to the Brian and Emily St. Louis Family Fund. So please consider purchasing one.
- If you’re looking to bid on any of our items in the silent auction tonight, we’ll be accepting cash or check. The checks will need to be made out to the Brian and Emily St. Louis Fund. Items in the silent auction will include: a signed Nicklas Backstrom jersey, a signed Mike Green jersey, a signed Alex Ovechkin Winter Classic puck with a framed Russian Machine illustration by Rachel Cohen, a collection of signed merchandise from Semyon Varlamov, a signed Olaf Kolzig puck, a Brooks Laich jersey, and finally a Hershey Bears package which includes two tickets to an upcoming Bears game with parking pass, a framed signed Andrew Gordon Championship photo with special personalization, a signed Jay Beagle Winter Classic puck, and a signed Braden Holtby puck.
- One big thing we just found out about yesterday is that former Capital Kevin Kaminski will be attending the party tonight, courtesy of the lovely people at On Frozen Blog. His birthday is tomorrow, so let’s celebrate it right. Others to be in attendance include Caps PA Announcer Wes Johnson, Horn Guy (we’re still awaiting word back if his horn will actually be there), Goat, and as stated before, CSN’s incredible anchor/dancer/singer/rapper Michael Jenkins. Also, we’re expecting almost all of the Caps bloggers to be there.
- Though Fedor’s stuck in Moscow, he’ll be here with us in spirit. We’ll be reading another one of his letters.
- The floor hockey will be in the back of the bar. It might get a little cramped. Please don’t slash or maim anyone with your hockey stick. That might put a damper on tonight’s festivities.
- Please don’t use Shamrockfest as an excuse not to come. It ends at 8pm and is a short metro ride away from Ballston. Don’t be lame.
- Remember, this is for a really good cause. Behave. Be respectful. Donate lots of monies.
Alright, we’re all looking forward to seeing you guys down there. It should be a blast. Until then!!