The site’s called Russian Machine Never Breaks, so we’ve got a vested interest in the unibrowed wonder called Semyon Varlamov.
Reports everywhere say that Varly will not sign with the Capitals and will play instead in the KHL next season.
This whole thing could’ve been avoided if only we had learned…
After the jump, some RMNB memories of Varly.
- Varly in an oil painting, receiving the silver cup from a dwarf
- Varly with a near-shut-out in his final game as a Capital
- 5-year-old tricks Varly out of his pads, scores
- After much consternation, Neil Greenberg resolves firmly for #TeamVarly (after this one, and this one, and many more)
- Late night filings
- Varly shuts down the Canadiens
- Varly’s goalie mask, now collecting dust
- Rehabbing in Hershey again
- In hindsight, Varly might not have written this blog at all
- Varly’s awesome Caps Con promo
- The single greatest Semyon Varlamov illustration ever created by man on earth ever
- How to pronounce “Semyon” according to Fedor
- Aaaaand finally… “Groin is good.”
If the rumors are true, we must all wish Semyon Varlamov the best in his future endeavors. This is a profoundly stupid career move for him and a distinct failure by the Capitals organization, so let’s hope our good tidings alone are enough to numb the sting.