Photo by Clyde Caplan. Visit Clydeorama for more beautiful photos.
The Washington Capitals are 4-6-0 in their last 10 games. Coach Hunter has won only three games, two of them against the Senators. The team sits in 12th place in the Eastern Conference– behind Florida, Toronto, and the dirty ‘Peg. They’re in 25th place in goals against per game and 24th in penalty kill percentage.
Two-time MVP Alex Ovechkin is ranked 61st in goal-scoring, behind several players with concussions. Tomas Vokoun is 26th in Sv% and 31st in goals against. Alex Semin is in a four-way tie for the minor penalty pennant. Plus, that whole rally balloon thing went nowhere.
Caps fans are sad, anxious, and cranky. There’s a lot to be upset about, but we’re going to put it all aside for a moment.
This article is designed to cheer you up.
Except it has absolutely nothing to do with hockey. Here are some stupid videos with cute animals and stuff.
1. R.E.M.’s “Stand” is a go-to for good times. Maybe tied with B-52′s “Love Shack”. Really any Athens-based pop.
2. Dude cuddles with seals. Impossible not to smile at this one.
4. Ian’s ferret Tricky makes a leap of faith.
5. Mr. Show’s Lie Detector Test sketch [NSFW: language] has some big laughs.
6. A bulldog rides on a zipline through the rainforest.
7. Pygmy goat stampede!
8. Seal shouts like a man.
9. Arrested Development chicken dance.
10. And finally: The Cosbys perform Ray Charles’ “The Night Time is the Right Time”. Classic.
Wins are on their way. Let’s just watch some hockey and enjoy the ride. Crash the net.
No related posts.