Photo credit: paparazzi.ru
This week, the Caps went 3-1-0 against the Lightning, Hurricanes, Islanders, and Habs, and if you asked someone who they thought was the only team to beat us, they would probably be surprised by the answer. Despite being outshot 77-136, the Caps still managed to outscore opponents 9-7 and take 6 of 8 points. Especially if you blindly ignore that Tuesday ever happened, it was a pretty good week.
Elsewhere in the NHL, a compelling case was made for wearing helmets in warmups, Mrs. Pronger made us sad about Chris Pronger again, Brian Elliott was re-signed in St. Louis, Chara and Alfredsson were named captains of the All-Star Game, Rangers owner James Dolan apparently has no idea the Stanley Cup is not awarded in January, and Ryan Kesler and Alain Vigneault had a lovers’ quarrel.
In case you were wondering the most important question–how does everything in the world apply to the Washington Capitals?–here’s a helpful guide to what’s terrible this week.
Best of the week
- Dmitry Orlov has a pretty hard shot.
- This graphic will be helpful for tonight!
- Terrifying enforcer Karl Alzner fought Steve Downie.
- Alex Ovechkin, rap star.
- Dmitry Orlov’s face after scoring his first NHL goal.
- If you haven’t watched the Rene Bourque Punch-Out Video, watch the Rene Bourque Punch-Out video.