Photo credit: capitals.nhl.com
Season-ticket holders received a message from Caps Guest Services on Friday night. The email details the first effort by the Capitals organization to repair the rift with fans. The email, excerpted below, begins with a direct apology and then lists how the team will begin its apparent goodwill tour. That list includes food and drink credits, merchandise discounts, free t-shirts, and more.
The team will make an announcement to all Caps fans Saturday after the NHL schedule is released.
From the email:
We realize the last several months have been extremely difficult. We are sorry, and as you know, we greatly value your loyalty and support. Our mission is to always go above and beyond while delivering the best possible experiences. Throughout the lockout we hosted more than 20 events to stay connected, and while those were great, we know they weren’t the same as enjoying Capitals hockey live at Verizon Center.
We are looking forward to making your 2013 experience enjoyable and rewarding and promise to deliver on all of our exclusive benefits, including special events such as the full season-ticket holder party at Six Flags, season-ticket holder skates, chalk talks and fan forum teleconferences. Additionally during the course of this season we are adding the following exclusive programs as a thank you for your continued loyalty and support during this time:
Thank You Fan First Commitment Benefits
- Each full-season account owner will receive a food and beverage Monumental Money Credit on your digital season-ticket holder card to be used at 100- and 400- level concessions. This includes the Hard Times concession stand and Greene Turtle concession stand, as well as all portable locations (excluding Dunkin’ Donuts), at Capitals games throughout the season.
- VIP, Center Preferred, Acela Ledge, PowerPlay Club and Acela Club Level Center Customers will receive- $75 credit per account
- Lower Preferred, Loge Preferred, Acela Club Attack and Defend Level, and SRO customers will receive- $50 credit per account
- Mezzanine Level Customers will receive- $25 credit per account
- All full season-ticket Holders will receive a 20% merchandise discount at the Verizon Center Team Store by showing your season-ticket card.
- Exclusive full season-ticket holder Caps Club Red 365 Member long sleeve T-Shirt (one per account).
- The opportunity to purchase additional friend and family tickets at your full season-ticket holder discounted price throughout the season for all Red Games.
- Thank you recognition listing as a Caps Club Red 365 Member on an exclusive sign on the 100 and 400 -levels.
- Exclusive full season-ticket holder Caps Club Red 365 Member Appreciation Week drawings for a daily grand prize (must enter to win).
- Additional details regarding these programs will be communicated next week along with timelines to activate your Fan First Commitment benefits.
[. . .]
A Thank You Event from the Caps to our Fans, Thursday, Jan. 17
All season-ticket holders and Caps fans are invited to this special Thank You event at Verizon Center on Jan. 17 from 6 to 9 p.m. Join other Caps fans to celebrate the 2012-13 season with an open Capitals practice, games, photos opportunities, a player Q&A session and many other activities. Complimentary fountain soda, popcorn, pretzels, hot dogs, nachos and ice cream will be provided for all guests in attendance. To RSVP for the Thank You event, please click here.
The F Street entrance of Verizon Center will open at 6 p.m. for the event. The Capitals will host an open practice from 7-8 p.m. Select Capitals will be available for a brief question and answer session with all fans in attendance after the practice.
Special event details:
- Capitals open practice
- Photos with the Red Rockers and Slapshot
- Q&A session with select Capitals players post-practice
- Verizon Center Team Store will be open for Capitals merchandise purchases with a 20% discount on regular-priced merchandise for Capitals season-ticket holders. Please be sure to bring your season-ticket holder ID card.
That’s a lot of treats for season-ticket holders, a group that no longer includes the Caps blogger preferred by most other Caps bloggers, Peerless Prognosticator.