Yes, they finally released it!
The players ratified the CBA, and so here we are. 48 games, 48 chances.
I recommend you download the schedule to your calendar using the Capitals’ convenient downloady thing.
The schedule and our impressions are below.
- 24 home games and 24 away games. It’s like they planned it that way or something.
- The Caps open the season this Saturday in Tampa Bay. Don’t get any ideas, Ovi.
- The Capitals home opener is on Tuesday, January 22nd against the Winnipeg Jets. Imagine how loud that UNLEASH THE FURY is going to be.
- Speaking of Winnipeg, the Caps have 2 Trips to MTS Centre and are the only NHL team that will play 3 games up there: March 2nd, March 21st, and March 22nd.
- The Pittsburgh Penguins make their only visit to D.C. on February 3rd: Super Bowl Sunday. Woot! Ravens and Caps/Pens on the same day!
- Alex Semin returns to Washington February 26th. Boy, is that going to be awkwaaaarrddd.
- The Capitals have 16 games in March. That’s kinda brutal.
- Per Vogs, from March 9th through April 7th, Washington will play 17 games in 30 days, a span that includes five sets of back-to-backs and 11 road games.
- The Capitals will play eight sets of games on back-to-back nights.
- The longest homestand is three games, which happens four times. The longest road trip is four games (March 19-24).
- The trade deadline is April 3rd.
- As reported earlier, the Caps will play no Western Conference teams this year. Try to ignore the fact Winnipeg’s due north of Los Angeles.
- Basically, from now until the end of April we will have Caps hockey every other night.
Anyway here it is:
January Sat., Jan. 19 at Tampa Bay 7 p.m. Tue., Jan. 22 Winnipeg 7 p.m. Thu., Jan. 24 Montreal 7 p.m. Fri., Jan. 25 at New Jersey 7 p.m. Sun., Jan. 27 Buffalo 3 p.m. Tue., Jan. 29 at Ottawa 7:30 p.m. Thu., Jan. 31 at Toronto 7 p.m. February Fri., Feb. 1 Philadelphia 7 p.m. Sun., Feb. 3 Pittsburgh 12:30 p.m. Tue., Feb. 5 Toronto 7 p.m. Thu., Feb. 7 at Pittsburgh 7 p.m. Sat., Feb. 9 Florida 7 p.m. Tue., Feb. 12 at Florida 7:30 p.m. Thu., Feb. 14 at Tampa Bay 7:30 p.m. Sun., Feb. 17 at N.Y. Rangers 6 p.m. Thu., Feb. 21 New Jersey 7 p.m. Sat., Feb. 23 New Jersey 12 p.m. Tue., Feb. 26 Carolina 7 p.m. Wed., Feb. 27 at Philadelphia 7:30 p.m. March Sat., March 2 at Winnipeg 3 p.m. Tue., March 5 Boston 7 p.m. Thu., March 7 Florida 7 p.m. Sat., March 9 at N.Y. Islanders 1 p.m. Sun., March 10 N.Y. Rangers 12:30 p.m. Tue., March 12 Carolina 7 p.m. Thu., March 14 at Carolina 7 p.m. Sat., March 16 at Boston 1 p.m. Sun., March 17 Buffalo 7 p.m. Tue., March 19 at Pittsburgh 7:30 p.m. Thu., March 21 at Winnipeg 8 p.m. Fri., March 22 at Winnipeg 7 p.m. Sun., March 24 at N.Y. Rangers 7 p.m. Tue., March 26 N.Y. Islanders 7 p.m. Sat., March 30 at Buffalo 7 p.m. Sun., March 31 at Philadelphia 7:30 p.m. April Tue., April 2 at Carolina 7 p.m. Thu., April 4 N.Y. Islanders 7 p.m. Sat., April 6 at Florida 7:30 p.m. Sun., April 7 Tampa Bay 7 p.m. Tue., April 9 at Montreal 7:30 p.m. Thu., April 11 Carolina 7 p.m. Sat., April 13 Tampa Bay 7 p.m. Tue., April 16 Toronto 7 p.m. Thu., April 18 at Ottawa 7:30 p.m. Sat., April 20 at Montreal 7 p.m. Tue., April 23 Winnipeg 7 p.m. Thu., April 25 Ottawa 7 p.m. Sat., April 27 Boston 7 p.m. All Times Eastern