Tom Wilson has 3 fights in his first 9 games and little else. Is he going to become a bona fide NHL player or not? If so, what is holding him back?
My impression so far is that Tom Wilson’s job is to play a few minutes a night and maybe get into a fight. That might make him a fan-favorite, but I want to find out if he’s capable of more.
Let’s talk about Wilson, the efficacy of fighting, and what we expect from big, physical rookies. Plus: a bulldog cameo and the time I got in a fight over a candy cane.
- The Myth of the Power Forward: http://goo.gl/s0C1XY
- Washington Capitals On-ice Stats: http://goo.gl/kAVpKg
- Winning a Fight has an Impact on Future Outcomes: http://goo.gl/Tn1NEC
- Does the Momentum Boost from Fighting Help Teams Win Games? http://goo.gl/sjChMg
- The Tactical Value of a Hockey Fight: http://goo.gl/sGQ860