Panini America, the same company that brought you the Joe Beninati rookie card, just blew my mind. The folks at their blog The Knight’s Lance, have released photos of sketch cards created by prospects at the NHLPA Rookie Showcase. You remember the NHLPA Rookie Showcase, right?
During the showcase we noticed that Tom Wilson drew a Canadian flag. That was not his only sketch.
A few observations from a guy with a B.A. in Visual Arts:
- In Wilson’s drawing entitled The Boys, he accurately draws himself taller than a tree. Also, since when is his nickname Wils? Unacceptable.
- Wilson’s boy Boone kinda looks like Jane from Daria.
- Who is Pears? I need to know who Pears is.
- Wilson’s Caps logo drawing is pretty good. I’m deducting points for that weird red outer glow around the stars though.
- Props for embracing his Canadian-ness, but that maple leaf looks more like a ninja star than foliage.
- I know this happened after the fact, but I am sad he did not draw this.
Despite the jokes, way to go, Wils. Is there anything he can’t do?