At 2pm on Tuesday, December 3rd (tomorrow!), RMNB’s first segment on the Washington Capitals’ television show Caps Red Line will air on Monumental Network (it’ll also eventually be on the NHL network). I can’t give you any spoilers, but I can tell you that Caps rookie/future GQ model Tom Wilson is our first interview. The whole thing was really fun to shoot (except the 4.5-hour drive back to Frederick), and we’re honored to join an Emmy-winning program. Hopefully, our presence will have only partially ruined CRL.
So, without spoilers, here are some things to look for in our first episode. See the photo above.
- Chris Gordon says I have a face for radio. The last time I was on TV was when I was six and I filmed an anti-drug commercial for the Frederick Keys. I was cuter back then. I don’t have that cuteness to cover up for my bad acting anymore.
- See here? This is a face made for TV.
- I wore a brand new RMNB t-shirt that will be available for purchase the day after the segment airs. You’re seeing a little bit of it in the photo above. Rachel Cohen did the illustration, and it’s terrific
- While we’re talking t-shirts, I managed to get an RMNB portrait shirt in the background of the shoot because I am a sneaky bastard. This is the last one of these RMNB shirts on the planet right now. Remember that when the segment airs.
- This is a Caps Fist Can Cooler. After a game a few weeks ago, I went to Peter’s house for a party. He was drinking a beer out of it, unable to explain to me where it came from. So I stole it and hoped to work it into the segment. At the end of the shoot, Chris Gordon almost broke my jaw with it. If things ever go bad between me and Chris, that was when it started.
- They sell Washington Capitals-branded tractor trailer toys at the Kettler team store. Does Ovi secretly own a Nascar team or something?
- I hope you dig my blazer. I really dig my blazer. It’s fancy. Here are my influences: A & B.
- There was a GoPro camera hidden under this hat. We needed action shots and we got action shots.
- These are foam pucks branded with the CRL logo. Since we’re not getting paid, I’m gonna need like five of these eventually to teach my ferrets how to play floor hockey. This is my new long-term goal in life.
- Just out of frame were Washington Capital microphones. You know how this story ends.
Please catch our segment on Tuesday. We want the people from Monumental to check out the analytics of this week’s show and go, “Damn, those idiots at RMNB really know how to move the needle.” With your support, maybe we can contribute even more in the future!
See you there!