The New York Rangers scored a garbage tip-in goal with less than two minutes to go. It ruined poor Philipp Grubauer‘s shutout bid.
Emotionally, I moved on from the disappointment as soon as Comcast SportsNet cut to the crowd at Madison Square Garden, and this man specifically.
A few things:
- He had no idea what the score was, did he?
- Is that red-sequined Rangers hat something a person wears deliberately, or is that the sort of thing that is done to you?
- Obnoxiously celebrating a meaningless goal in a blowout loss is odd, but then again, so is enjoying a $9 bottle of watered-down beer.
- Is there a more annoying goal song in the history of sports than this Rangers song? DER DER DERRRRRR. DER DER DERRRRR.
- I spy a Matt Hendricks jersey at top right. Right on, Caps fans!
The Brouwer Rangers summed it up best:
That guy celebrating the goal is so very much New York.
— Brouwer Rangers (@brouwerrangers) December 9, 2013
No related posts.