We’ve let Ian have the fun long enough. He’s played video games with Tom Wilson and poured “wine” over his head with Olie Kolzig. For Russian Machine’s third CRL segment, I was determined to bring some respectability back to the blog. And what’s more respectable than a four figure suit.
As you guys know, we’ve been tracking Joe B.’s suit of the night for years. We have an unhealthy obsession with how the guy looks. Thankfully, Joe B. wasn’t creeped out too much.
Two weeks ago, I joined Beninati and Alan May at DePandi, his tailor’s shop in Chevy Chase. Joe B. brought along a number of his favorite suits to show us, as well as a few to try on me. Yeah, I got dressed by Joe Beninati. Be jealous.
- My first take consisted of zero legible words. Lucky for me, Joe B. and Alan are total pros and helped me speak actual sentences into the camera.
- Joe B’s tailor, Eduardo DePandi, is the literally the most Italian man you will ever meet.
- I was told to “dress like a blogger” for the shoot. Otherwise I would have appeared in my usual hipster plaid and corduroys instead of that ratty t-shirt. (You can still buy that ratty t-shirt from our store.)
- Fun fact: both Alan and Craig Laughlin are color blind. Ascribe any and all poor fashion choices to that.
- Finally, Joe B. is an awesome dude. He bought me the tie I modeled in the video and gave it to me at Kettler the next morning. I wore it to the next Caps game.
GIFs by Ian Oland
No related posts.