It’s going to be a long, wet, hot, hockeyless summer. The way we see it, you have two choices:
- Spend the next five months (FIVE MONTHS, REALLY?!) in some dark corner balled up in the fetal positioning mumbling about perimeter shots.
- Do fun/stupid stuff to take your mind off how sad and lonely you are without hockey.
The latter seems preferable from a mental health perspective, and we’re here to help! In partnership with the fine folks at RMNB, we’re proud to present the First Annual Brouwer Pouwer Generic-Photograph-Manipulation-Software Skills Contest™.
The theme for the inaugural edition of the contest is: What sign would Troy Brouwer take to warm-ups if the Brouwer Rangers were playing in a game? (Feel free to interpret this very broadly, including totally ignoring the theme.) Here’s an example to get your creative Brouwer Pouwer flowing:
What’s in it for you? The best entry, as judged solely and ruthlessly by us, the Brouwer Rangers, will receive a spiffy, limited-edition, currently-unavailable-to-the-masses Brouwer Pouwer t-shirt (as seen during last summer’s Brouwer Pouwer Charity Fundraiser).
What are the rules?
- Let’s keep it PG-13 or less. This is a family blog.
- You can poke fun at whomever you want inside or outside the Caps organization (aaachooooogeorgemcphee, aaachoooooadamoates – sorry, allergies), but remember what Ellen always says: Be kind to one another.
- Multiple entries are fine – in fact they’re encouraged.
- Bribes and flattery are “not” accepted (wink, wink).
We took the initiative to create a blank canvas upon which to create your masterpiece. Aaaaand, GO!: