Photos via @CapitalsPR
In a month and a half, we’ll officially be in the hockey dead zone. There’ll be a new Stanley Cup Champion (either Jeff Schultz or Henrik Lundqvist). The draft will be over, as will development camp. Most free agents will have found their new teams.
But right smack dab in the middle of the most boring part of the year, Inova Blood Services will be hosting a blood drive at Kettler Capitals Iceplex on Saturday, July 26th from 7am to 5pm. For those who schedule an appointment and donate blood (do it here), you’ll receive a bobblehead and a Capitals t-shirt.
This is no ordinary bobblehead. This is The Big Cheese himself, Joel Ward. And it may very well be the most impeccably made ceramic figurine I have ever seen (please forgive me, Joel Rechlicz Bobblefist).
Just take a look at these pics.
I have never seen a more well-kempt beard on a ceramic figure. It really captures Wardo’s face. Tell me I’m wrong.
So let’s go over this one more time, but this time with bullets:
- Call 1-866-BLOODSAVES if you’re scared of internet forms and schedule an appointment.
- Go to Kettler on July 26th, donate blood. Feel awesome about yourself because you just helped save a life (which really should be reward enough).
- Make your way up to an Inova employee, give them a high five, and grab your free bobblehead and shirt.
- Maybe meet your future wife.*
Sound good? That’s what I thought. See you there.
* When I was in college, me and Ashley worked in the same on-campus office at UMBC. One day, Ashley told me she was going to a blood drive on campus. Though I was completely scared of needles, I went along. I called it a date the whole time, but sadly Ashley didn’t agree with me. A few months later, we graduated and lost contact. For the next two years though, I was reminded of Ashley every time I got mail from the Red Cross about donating again. When Ashley went to England for a summer class, we got back in touch and emailed the entire time. When she returned, I helped her move into her new apartment. A week later, she threw a housewarming party and we first kissed. In three weeks, I’m totally marrying her. So maybe, just maybe, you might meet your future wife at this.