Photo: Patrick McDermott
Dudes! Welcome back. Grab a Surge from the cooler and take a seat, let’s do a game recap.
The Washington Capitals, your preferred hockey team, hosted the Montreal Canadiens, who don’t even make us cry anymore, to open up the season. The Caps had poise for a bit but then they didn’t. We’re just 1.22% through the season, so that’s to be expected.
Andre Burakovsky scored just two minutes into his career, a nifty one from the slot set up by Troy Brouwer.
P.A. Parenteau tied it up halfway through the third, but the goal was washed out for goaltender interference. Tomas Plekanec’s marker a couple minutes later had no such controversy and tied the game.
Rene Bourque scored late in the game with an ICBM to Holtby’s far side hahaha nope, hit the post, that’s what you get for being awful, Rene.
Those nullified goals gave us a dry scrape and the first overtime of the season, but no one could score. Dammit, back to the shootout, which the Caps did way too much of last season. But at least we get to do…
- Backstrom put the biscuit in the basket
- Galchenyuk put the biscuit in the basket
- Kuznetsov did NOT put the biscuit in the basket
- Desharnais put the biscuit in the basket
- Fehr put the biscuit in the basket
- Parenteau did NOT put the biscuit in the basket
- Ovi did NOT put the biscuit in the basket
- Plekanec did NOT put the biscuit in the basket
- Burakovsky did NOT put the biscuit in the basket
- I regret going with this bit
- Gallagher put the biscuit in the basket
Habs beat Caps 2-1 (Shootout).