- Have fun. It’s just hockey!
- This is not a safe space, so our discussions may cover triggering topics for sensitive readers.
- Threats of violence are not allowed.
- Personal attacks are not allowed. Argue the idea, not the person.
- Slurs or belittlement targeting race, ethnicity, sex or sexuality, and stuff like that are not allowed. No hate speech, religious attacks, or antagonism about intrinsic characteristics will be tolerated.
- Please do not fan-police. There are a lot of ways to be a fan of something, and it’s not our place to say which are valid and which are not.
- Don’t be a dick. Please.
- Differences of opinion are not just encouraged; they’re actually necessary to a healthy conversation. We’re just asking for a little civility and a sense of humor.
- Please don’t use excessive profanity. Think of it like a PG-13 movie: you get to use one F word every once in a while, so make it count.
- Making fun of other teams and players is welcome so long as it does not violate the other guidelines.
- This is a hockey forum. Detours from the topic are encouraged, but derailing the discussion is not.
- Removal of comments and banning is strictly the purview of our moderation team. Warnings may be given, but they are not required.
- Use of real names is encouraged, but not mandatory. If you’re not willing to sign your name, should you really be writing it at all?
- Linking to related articles or points of interest is strongly encouraged, but blatant self-promotion will be side-eyed suspiciously.
Please shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you see something in comments that we should know about. Thanks!
Updated: July 2014