Just got paid, Friday night
Party hoppin’, feelin right
Booties shakin’, all around
Pump that jam, while I’m gettin’ down
The Caps played host to the Ducks and played their second tight game in as many nights. I wanted a 7-5 mess with like 35 minutes in penalties and multiple pulled goalies, but instead I got this. I should start covering lacrosse.
We nearly went twenty minutes without a goal, but Ryan KESLER converted a power play while Alex Ovechkin was in the box. The Caps equalized in the second period after Troy Brouwer’s hero move. John Carlson shocked Bryzgalov to put the Caps ahead in the third. Corey Perry beat Hershey’s Philipp Grubauer at the post to even the score in the final ten minutes and force overtime. Overtime was useless, so let’s do the biscuits.
- Kuznetsov put the biscuit in the basket. Five hole baby.
- Silver Bird put the biscuit in the basket.
- Backstrom put the biscuit in the basket.
- Perry did NOT put the biscuit in the basket.
- Ovi did NOT put the biscuit in the basket.
- Kesler did NOT put the biscuit in the basket!
Caps beat Ducks 3-2 in the shootout!