Best player of the game in my book. (Photo: Patrick McDermott)
The Washington Capitals dominated the Florida Panthers at possession on Saturday, but getting the puck in the net is another matter. A couple penalties in the third penalty made this thing way more competitive than it should have been. Another game that took 65-plus minutes to decide.
Eric Fehr sent a wizardly pass to Jason Chimera, who scored the goal’s first goal with a nice backhand. Brad Boyes tied it up by swatting in a loose puck during an early third-period power play. That goal forced overtime.
The dry scrape was a bunch of nothing, so let’s do this… ugh… again.
- Kuznetsov put the biscuit in the basket
- Huberdeau put the biscuit in the basket
- Backstrom put the biscuit in the basket
- Jokinen did NOT put the biscuit
- Ovi put the biscuit in the basket
Caps beat Panthers 2-1 (shootout)!