Chris “Stick” Blake is a player in the NHL prominently featured in the majority of the top 10 hockey fights on YouTube. He just got suspended from his team, and now has to attend court ordered anger management classes. He’s not a bad guy… he just loses it when people are bullied. After an old friend shows up with a life-threatening problem, Stick focuses his considerable energies on solving it and discovers a new line of work—helping people that the law can’t. From writers Mark Altman & Steve Kriozere (“Castle”) and Executive Producers Steve Stark (“Medium,” “Girlfriends”) and Russ Buchholz (FACING KATE). From Universal Cable Productions.
This raises many questions:
- Will the NHL license/endorse a show whose main character is a shamed ex-player famous for fighting?
- Will that player have been suspended under the new headshot rule?
- Can the player be a Capital? (Please!) Will the show be set in D.C. (or Vancouver passing for D.C.)?
- Can Chris Simon act? Is Donald Brashear available for cameos? (Answer: yes)
- If picked up, how many episodes in before an ice skate is used as a murder weapon? If it happens, even odds that the victim is an official.
Just because a show is picked up in pilot season does not guarantee it ever gets produced or makes it to air. In fact, most shows that we hear about are so apocalyptically awful, we never here from them again. We’ll keep you posted on STICK.