Captains (Photo: Abelimages)
What happens when a stoppable force meets a movable object? That was my question before Saturday’s game between the low-shooting Leafs and please-shoot-moar-pucks-at-our-goalie Capitals.
Well. Now we know. The Capitals dominated possession at evens, and kept the Leafs to minimal offense. David Clarkson tipped in a long bomb on a second-period power play. The Caps couldn’t beat Reimer until Alex Ovechkin got a mean-ass one-timer in the third.
Overtime couldn’t settle it, so let’s do the shootout bullets!
- Clarkson had speed but no accuracy
- FEHR SCOAR! YAYYYYYY WE LOVE HIM
- JVR snuck one past Holtby
- Ovi got stopped trying the five-hole
- Mason Raymond lost the puck like a noob
- B-day boy Backstrom got denied
- Joffrey Lupul repaid his debts
- Troy Brouwer missed, d’oh
Leafs beat Caps 2-1 (Shootout).