“In the shower I use a water-activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask, which I leave on for ten minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine.” (Photo: Jonathan Kozub)
The Capitals finally got the heck out of Dodge following a miserable homestand. The first game of their road trip found them in frosty Winnipeg, where the Capitals hoped to rid themselves of the gremlins in their defense and get an easy win from a soft opponent.
Haha. As if.
We were goalless until Mikhail Grabovski broke the tedium four minutes into the second period, sweeping a rebound home. The Caps swiftly surrendered that lead on a shorty by Bryan Little. To make junk worse, Andrew Ladd tipped in a Grant Clitsome shot just 70 seconds later. Luckily the Caps still have one guy who can deliver this season: Alex Ovechkin got two late in the second: a breakaway and a set play off the faceoff. Call it the Ovisplosion. Of course, Blake Wheeler knotted it at 3 goals apiece before the buzzer.
Troy Brouwer put then Caps ahead again in the third period, taking a Jedi pass from Nicky Backstrom right up in the kanooblian paint. Little got his second of the night a bit later as the Caps were unable to escape their own zone.
Into overtime we came and went without a result.
- Wheeler had nothing for Holtby.
- Grabo musta left the smooth moves elsewhere on his attempt.
- Little’s attempt got kicked away.
- Ovi couldn’t get a nibble from Pavelec.
- Ladd beat Holtby stick-side to put the dirty Peg up.
- Nicky B had a sneaky delay to tie it up and send us into extra rounds.
- Jokinen wasn’t jokining with a sly five-holer. (Sorry.)
- Brooks Laich roofed it, so kept on going.
- Setoguchi got a low one on Holtby.
- Troy Brouwer roofed it, so we kept on going.
- Evander Kane got denied as the puck rolled on him.
- Marty Erat, the man, WON IT!
Caps beat Jets 5-4 (shootout)!