It’s been a tough week.
Gotta check out SHOE’s interview with Braden Holtby, where he dishes dirt on Alex Semin’s English skills.
Articles We’re Pretty Sure You’ve Read
- Caps Skate with Fans at DC Sculpture Garden
Backstrom + Kids * Skating holding hands = Sickeningly adorable.
- Jessica’s Movember Birthday Adventure with the Caps
Night of a thousand plaid shirts.
- Alzner, Schultz & Hendricks at British Embassy ‘Stache Bash
Big ups to Chris Gordon of Caps Snaps for the cop uniform exposé.
Note that our three biggest articles of the week were all written by people who aren’t on staff.
These Articles Would Enrich You If You Would Be So Kind As To Read Them
- The Capitals Do Toys for Tots, Brooks Laich Likes Fedor Fedin
Alan May vs. stuffed animals. Could you ask for more?
- Alex Ovechkin’s New Gillette Commercial
The death knell for #beardpact
- Prospect Watch: Caps Sign Brett Flemming to Entry Level Deal, Six Caps Prospects Invited to Their Countries’ WJC Camps
The series with overly long titles continues, and Brett Flemming got a deal!
Game Recaps, Oh Dear
- Thrashers 3, Capitals 1 — There’s a killer instinct, a Bodhi-likehunger for adventure that is missing from the D.C. forwards.
- Leafs 5, Capitals 4 (SO) — [Mathieu Perreault]’s a rambunctious little puppy on the puck.
- Panthers 3, Capitals 0 — Sarcastic clap > Booing
Perhaps next week’s posts will have fewer photos of Caps players looking adorable and more photos of Matt Bradley covered in blood. Someone else’s blood. Fedor should be filing a piece soon about the Vityaz vs. Avangard brawl, which– if you didn’t know it was the KHL, sounds like a battle that happened in Middle-Earth. Stay tuned for that.